St Elisabeth, Reddish
A fine Hill organ was built in this magnificent church near Stockport - modelled on St Mark's Basilica, Venice, the church was built in 1883 by the renowned Victorian Architect, Alfred Waterhouse, within a year or two or him building the Natural History Museum in London. The original organ, in a huge chamber on the North wall above the chancel, was a large 3-manual instrument. In the 1960s, this was reduced to two manuals, with most of the discarded pipework left in the organ chamber.
We rebuilt the console, with a new Solid State Logic transmission and control system, bringing back into play two magnificent ranks of reeds (last heard 50 years ago!) and some Pedal fluework. We also resolved multiple wind leaks, mainly from stop actions and underactions.
The organ once again fills the church - and was used in a nationally televised carol service recorded less than two weeks after we had finished our work!